In its second year, the Ertz Family Foundation continued to make an impact in communities across the United States and specifically increased its efforts in the Philadelphia area.
In 2019, through the creation of its “City of Love Fund” and the launch of events like the “Ertz Par-Tee Golf Tournament and Reception” Zach and Julie Ertz continued their journey of empowering others by sharing faith, learning through sports and advancing education to build supportive communities.
“Philadelphia and its residents have given so much to our family and we are so excited to be giving back to those who are working to make Philadelphia a better place,” said Zach.
“We are incredibly grateful to have partnered with Zach, Julie and the Ertz Family Foundation to support and empower youth by sharing learning through sports and education,” said Dan Rosensweig, CEO of Chegg. “Chegg is proud to be part of the Foundation’s family of donors where together we are making a difference in students’ lives.”
One month later, on March 8th, 2019, Zach was honored with the 2019 Steinberg DeNicola Humanitarian Award presented at the 82nd Annual Maxwell Football Gala. The Humanitarian award is given to a representative of the NFL that has committed themselves to doing good in their community.
“Some people see, many hear, few act. Zach and his family foundation touch people with their caring and loving actions,” stated Cosmo DeNicola.
“I was truly amazed at the support everyone showed towards our mission with the Ertz Family Foundation,” said NFL Champion and Philadelphia Eagles Tight End, Zach Ertz, “Having our inaugural golf tournament was a huge success and I am so thankful to everyone who made that day special. From being on the course, to the reception, we are so grateful everyone took the time to be a part of our family! Julie and I feel a responsibility to bring hope and love to the people of our communities and we truly know the best is yet to come!”
Funds raised from this event will support:
- The Ertz Family Foundations’ charity partner, College Is Real’s mission to help students become the first in their families to attend and graduate from college.
- The formation of the “Zach and Julie Ertz Scholarship Fund” for College Is Real to continue to support students in Richmond, CA achieve their dream of a college education.
- Provide grants to select Philadelphia-area charities offering services in the foundation’s focus areas of youth education, sports and family enrichment.
- Support Kensington development and improvement projects.
“Being able to use our platform to make an impact in communities that have supported both our careers is so important to us. Excited to see it all come together,” explained 2019 U.S. Women’s Soccer FIFA World Cup Champion, Julie Ertz.
“It’s been amazing to see how much support our foundation has received; it is now our hope to extend our reach by supporting like-minded organizations who are in the community serving those in need,” said Julie Ertz.
- Zach was chosen to represent the Philadelphia Eagles and the NFC in his third-straight Pro Bowl selection.
- Julie was awarded with the WOGL Remarkable Woman of the Year Award for her charitable work with the Ertz Family Foundation as well as her accomplishments on the soccer field.
- Julie was also named the 2019 US Soccer Female Player of the Year and she and her USWNT teammates were chosen as the TIME Magazine Athletes of the Year.
- Julie was also honored with the 2019 FIFA FIFPro Women’s World11 Award, presented to her in Milan in September.