Today, Connor and Laura Barwin are pledging to #KeepTheChainGoing with a donation of $25,000 to Philabundance to help the Philadelphia community with the food insecurity crisis as a result of COVID-19.
“Philadelphia is family – we will get through this together! Laura and I are happy to support Philabundance along with the Ertzes and Kelces.” Said Connor.
In 2013, Connor founded the 501(c)3 nonprofit foundation, Make The World Better, to focus on community-based redevelopment projects geared to uniquely strengthen and enhance neighborhoods through increased community ownership and involvement. This donation, along with all of the wonderful work that their foundation does in the community, is one of the many reasons that Philadelphia fans unite in their love for #98.
On any given week, Philabundance will provide meals to 90,000 people, 30 percent of whom are children served in the Philadelphia public school system. Others served include seniors, low-income families and single parents in the greater Philadelphia-area. If you are interested in helping:
- Any restaurant/supermarket in the greater Philadelphia area which has excess food to donate, please contact http://www.philabundance.org.
- Others who would like to help through monetary donations (enabling Philabundance to purchase in bulk and buy the most needed items), please go to philabundance.org/covid19/
- Here’s what your contribution will deliver:
- $15 provides one shelf-stable box of four meals for a family of four
- $25 provides one shelf-stable box of eight meals for a family of four
- Philabundance is also in dire need of volunteers. Please visit their website at http://philabundance.org/volunteer to learn more.