Jason and Kylie Kelce have announced they are teaming up with Philabundance and are donating $100,000 to help address the major food insecurity problem as a result of COVID-19. Jason said, “Social distancing doesn’t mean social isolation, now more than ever we need to unite together. I am glad to unite with the Ertzes and Philabundance in this time of need.” Jason was drafted nine years ago by the Philadelphia Eagles and has been a proud member of the community ever since.
Jason united this entire city by his unforgettable parade speech and Jason hopes that during this trying time we can take it one step further.
“Kylie and I truly love the city of Philadelphia. We are so thankful for the opportunity to represent this city on Sundays, but that love is not reserved for just the sixteen days in the Fall. We want to be a part of the solution and we know, through Philadelphia grit, we will get through this together.” Said Jason.
On any given week, Philabundance will provide meals to 90,000 people, 30 percent of whom are children served in the Philadelphia public school system. Others served include seniors, low-income families and single parents in the greater Philadelphia-area. If you are interested in helping:
- Any restaurant/supermarket in the greater Philadelphia area which has excess food to donate, please contact http://www.philabundance.org.
- Others who would like to help through monetary donations (enabling Philabundance to purchase in bulk and buy the most needed items), please go to philabundance.org/covid19/
- Here’s what your contribution will deliver:
- $15 provides one shelf-stable box of four meals for a family of four
- $25 provides one shelf-stable box of eight meals for a family of four
- Philabundance is also in dire need of volunteers. Please visit their website at http://philabundance.org/volunteer to learn more.